The oil pressure sender relays to the dash gauge the oil pressure in the engine.
- Check the oil level and correct as necessary. Turn the ignition switch on, but do not start the engine.
- Disconnect the sensor lead at the sensor. The gauge should read full scale.
- Ground the connector. The gauge should read at the bottom of the scale.
- At 0 psi (0 kPa) the resistance of the sensor should be 1 ohm.
- At 40 psi (275 kPa) the resistance of the sensor should be 44 ohms.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the engine cover.
- Disconnect the sensor electrical lead and unscrew the sensor. The sensor can be found on the top side of the engine, near the distributor.
- Coat the first 2 or 3 threads with sealer. Install the sensor and tighten until snug. Engage the electrical lead.
- Connect the battery cable and install the engine cover.