REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
When removing the injector(s), be careful not to damage the electrical connector pins (on top of the injector), the injector fuel filter and the nozzle. The fuel injector is serviced as a complete assembly ONLY. It is an electrical component and should not be immersed in any kind of cleaner.
- Remove the air cleaner. Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery.
- Refer to the Fuel Pressure Relief procedures in this section and relieve the fuel pressure.
- At the injector connector, squeeze the 2 tabs together and pull it straight up.
- Remove the fuel meter cover and leave the cover gasket in place.
- Using a small pry bar or tool No. J-26868, carefully lift the injector until it is free from the fuel meter body.
- Remove the small O-ring from the nozzle end of the injector. Carefully rotate the injector's fuel filter back-and-forth to remove it from the base of the injector.
- Discard the fuel meter cover gasket.
- Remove the large O-ring and back-up washer from the top of the counterbore of the fuel meter body injector cavity.
- Lubricate the O-rings with automatic transmission fluid and push the fuel injector into the cavity.
- Install a new fuel meter cover gasket and install the cover (Model 300 and 220). Install the retainer and screw (Model 700).
- Connect the injector electrical connector.
- Install the air cleaner. Connect the negative battery cable to the battery.
- Start the engine, check for leaks and proper operation.