REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Remove the air cleaner. Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery.
- Refer to the Fuel Pressure Relief procedures in this section and relieve the fuel pressure.
- At the injector connector, squeeze the 2 tabs together and pull it straight up.
- Remove the fuel meter cover and leave the cover gasket in place.
- Using a small pry bar or tool No. J-26868, carefully lift the injector until it is free from the fuel meter body.
- Remove the small O-ring from the nozzle end of the injector. Carefully rotate the injector's fuel filter back-and-forth to remove it from the base of the injector.
- Discard the fuel meter cover gasket.
- Remove the large O-ring and back-up washer from the top of the counterbore of the fuel meter body injector cavity.
- Lubricate the O-rings with automatic transmission fluid and push the fuel injector into the cavity.
- Install a new fuel meter cover gasket and install the cover (Model 300 and 220). Install the retainer and screw (Model 700).
- Connect the injector electrical connector.
- Install the air cleaner. Connect the negative battery cable to the battery.
- Start the engine, check for leaks and proper operation.