- Loosen the fuel filler cap.
- Unplug the fuel pump wiring at the fuel tank or from the fuse block, located in the passenger compartment, remove the fuse labeled, Fuel Pump .
- Start the engine.
The engine will start and run, for a short period of time, until the remaining fuel is used up.
- Engage the starter, a few more times, to relieve any remaining pressure.
- Turn the ignition switch to OFF and install the fuel pump fuse into the fuse block or plug in the fuel pump wiring connector.
- Tighten the fuel filler cap.
Loosen the fuel filler cap and allow the engine to sit for 5-10 minutes; this will allow the orifice (in the fuel system) to bleed off the pressure.