For CMFI vehicles, the fuel pump relay is normally found in the convenience center, located under the center of the dashboard.
If a problem is suspected, first check for loose electrical connections; no other service is possible, except replacement.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the retainer, if equipped.
- Disengage the relay electrical connector.
- Remove the relay by depressing the bracket clip at the rear of the relay, or removing the bolts from the retaining bracket, as applicable.
- If necessary, use a new relay.
- Install the relay by connecting the bolts from the retaining bracket or depressing the bracket clip at the rear of the relay, as applicable.
- Engage the electrical connector.
- If equipped, install the retainer.
- Connect the negative battery cable.