REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- remove the ashtray.
- Remove the accessory trim plate.
Most dash trim plates on these vehicles are retained by screws and/or snap fasteners. Make sure all screws are removed before attempting to remove the trim plate. If retained by snap fasteners, it may be necessary to pry the plate loose, BUT take care not to force and break the usually fragile plastic pieces.
- Remove the radio bracket-to-instrument panel bracket screws or nuts, then carefully pull the radio forward.
- Disengage the antenna lead and electrical connectors, as necessary.
- Remove the radio from the vehicle.
- Remove the brackets from the radio.
- If removed, install the brackets to the radio.
- Position the radio in front of the instrument panel, then engage the necessary electrical connectors and antenna lead.
- Insert the radio into the dash, then secure using the retainers.
- Install the accessory trim plate.
- Install the ashtray.
In order to prevent damage to the receiver, always connect the speaker wire to the receiver before applying power to it.
- Connect the negative battery cable and enjoy the tunes.