REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- On early model vehicles with separate grille and headlight bezels, check the sides of the grille to see if any retainers are hidden below or shared with the bezel. If necessary, remove the headlight bezels for access. If there are shared retainers, it may be possible to remove only one of the bezels and the shared retainer(s) from the opposite bezel.
- Loosen and remove the grille-to-fender and grille-to-radiator support retainers. Some vehicles also have push fasteners holding the grille.
- On late model vehicles with composite grille/headlight bezels, pull the grille forward sufficiently and disengage any necessary wiring (such as side marker wiring and bulb sockets).
- Remove the grille from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Be careful not to overtighten any of the fasteners as the grille, bezel and fasteners are all easily damaged. For all vehicles except Bravada, the fasteners should be tightened to no more than 12 inch lbs. (1.4 Nm). For Bravada, the fasteners should be tightened to 18 inch lbs. (2 Nm).