Frame Mounted Tire Carrier
See Figure 1
- Raise and support the vehicle safely using jackstands for access.
- Lower the spare tire and remove it.
- Remove the cotter pin and bolts attaching the spare tire hoist to the frame.
- Remove the spare tire hoist.
- Align the hoist with the crossmember and shaft, then connect it with the pin, retainer and bolts. Tighten the bolts to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Return the spare tire to its proper position.
- Remove the spare tire from the carrier.
- Open the carrier assembly.
- Remove the retaining bolts and washers, then remove the carrier assembly from the vehicle.
- Install the carrier assembly to the vehicle using the retaining bolts and washers. Tighten the bolts to 27 ft. lbs. (37 Nm).
- Install the spare tire to the carrier, then close the carrier.
Make sure that the carrier assembly is closed firmly enough to engage both latches, or it will rattle when the vehicle is in motion.