REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Either discharge and recover the refrigerant using a suitable recovery station or have the system discharged by a professional shop.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
For some vehicles it may be necessary to remove the radiator grille for access to the lines.
- Remove the banjo bolt or loosen the fitting, depending on the application, then disconnect the line at either end. Immediately plug all openings in the system to prevent system contamination and damage.
- Remove any clips attaching the pipe to the vehicle, then remove the pipe assembly.
- Position the pipe in the vehicle, then remove the plug from one end and secure the fitting right away to minimize atmospheric exposure. Remove the plug from the other end and secure that fitting. Make sure the fittings or banjo bolts are properly tightened.
- Install any clips attaching the pipe.
- If removed install the radiator grille.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- After checking that all the refrigerant lines are properly tightened, evacuate, leak test and charge the system or have the work performed by a reputable repair shop.