REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Front Seat Belt
See Figure 1
- Remove the cover from the door pillar anchor plate.
- Remove the attaching bolt, anchor plate and washer from the door pillar.
- Remove the bolt cover from the rear of the retractor assembly.
- Remove the bolt retaining the retractor to the floor panel and remove the retractor.
- Remove the buckle assembly from the floor panel.
- Remove the cap which conceals the buckle assembly bolt and remove the bolt, then remove the seal between the buckle assembly and the floor.
- Remove the seat belt warning wire from the driver's side buckle and remove the buckle from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten all fasteners securely.
See Figure 2
- Fold the seat forward.
- Unfasten the nuts retaining the seat belt retractor to the floor panel, then remove the seat belt retractor.
- Remove the rear seat from the vehicle.
- Remove the buckle assembly from the vehicle.
- Position the buckle assembly to the vehicle and secure any fasteners.
- Install the rear seat, then install the seat belt retractor. Tighten the nuts to 28 ft. lbs. (38 Nm).
- Return the seat upright, then make sure the belt is properly positioned.