REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Open the tailgate/endgate to the horizontal position.
- Remove the tailgate trim panel, then remove the water deflector.
- Remove the tailgate inner panel reinforcement from the endgate.
- Remove the tailgate lock rods.
- Remove the lock cylinder retainer by working it through the access hole.
- Remove the lock cylinder through the outer panel.
- If equipped, connect the actuator cable.
- Work the lock cylinder through the inner panel and secure with the retainer.
- Install the tailgate lock rods.
- Connect the tailgate inner panel reinforcement to the endgate.
- Install the water deflector, then the tailgate trim panel.
- Install the lock cylinder using the retaining clip.
- If equipped, engage the electrical connector.
- Install the liftgate striker assembly by installing the striker bracket with the retaining bolts.
- Install the liftgate latch assembly using the latch-to-bracket bolts.
Install the access panel cover:
- Engage the electrical connector to the liftgate actuator.
- Install the access panel cover, then connect the lock rods to the cover.
- Using tool No. J-20922-A or equivalent, install rivets to the access panel and endgate.
- Install the tailgate trim panel using the retaining screws.
- Install the tailgate handle using the retaining screws.