On the 4.3L MFI engine, the fuel pump relay can be found on a bracket mounted to the cowl. If a problem is suspected, first check for loose electrical connections; no other service is possible, except replacement.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the retainer, if equipped.
- Disengage the relay electrical connector.
- Remove the relay from the bracket and from the vehicle.
- Connect the relay to the bracket, then to the vehicle.
- Engage the relay electrical connector.
- If equipped, install the retainer.
- Connect the negative battery cable.