REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The Model 233 transfer case, available on some late model vehicles covered by this guide, utilizes an electronic shifter. The motor control module is located behind the cowl panel, attached to the ECM bracket.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the computer control module from the vehicle for access to the module. Take extreme care when handling the control module. Refer to Emission Controls for details and safety precautions.
- Disengage the electrical wiring from the motor control module.
- Loosen the retainers, then remove the module from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. On all vehicles, the ignition MUST be OFF whenever you connect or disconnect the negative battery cable.