REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Use a siphon or a hand pump to drain the washer fluid from the reservoir.
If you are using a siphon, be careful not to inhale or swallow the fluid. The stuff tastes nasty, and as with most fluids in your truck, can be harmful if swallowed.
- Disengage the electrical connectors from the front and rear washer pumps. See the figure for clarification.
- Disconnect the hoses from the washer pumps.
- Disconnect the screw attaching the solvent container, then remove the container from the vehicle.
- Remove the washer pump from the solvent container.
- Connect the washer pump to the solvent container.
- Attach the solvent container to the vehicle with the screw, then tighten the screw to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
- Connect the hoses to the washer pumps.
- Engage the electrical connectors to the washer pumps.
- Add the required amount of washer solvent to the solvent container.
- Connect the negative battery cable.