REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the wiper motor cover and the screws.
- Remove the roof trim panel to access the wiring connector. For details regarding this procedure, please refer to Body & Trim of this repair guide.
- Disengage the wiring connector from the wiper motor.
- Remove the wiper arm assembly. Please refer to the procedure earlier in this section for details.
- Disconnect the nut and the spacer from the wiper motor.
- Unfasten the hinge assembly screw, then remove the wiper motor from the vehicle.
- Install the wiper motor to the vehicle.
- Attach the spacer and nut to the wiper motor driveshaft on the outside of the glass. Torque the nut to 57 inch lbs. (6 Nm).
The spacer is keyed to the shaft.
- Attach the screw to the hinge assembly, torque to 57 inch lbs. (6 Nm), then align the endgate glass.
- Install the wiper arm assembly to the vehicle. For details, please refer to the procedure earlier in this section.
- Engage the electrical wiring connector.
- Connect the roof trim panel. For details regarding this procedure, please refer to Body & Trim of this repair guide.
- Connect the negative battery cable.