REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 6
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Tag and disconnect the spark plug wires at the coil assembly.
- If equipped, unfasten the connector retaining nut, then unplug the 14-way connector from the ignition module.
- If necessary, loosen and reposition the ground straps.
- Remove the nuts and washers that retains the module to the bracket.
- Remove the coil-to-module retaining bolts or screws. On some vehicles, the coils may be secured with Torx® screws.
- Note the lead colors or mark for reassembly, then detach the connectors between the coil and ignition module.
- Remove the ignition module from the vehicle.
- Fit the coils and connectors to the ignition module and install the retaining bolts. Tighten the retainers to 27 inch lbs. (3 Nm) for 1967-91 vehicles or to 40 inch lbs. (4.5 Nm) for 1992-99 vehicles.
- Fit the module assembly to the bracket and install the nuts and washers. Tighten to 70 inch lbs. (6 Nm).
- Connect the spark plug wires, as tagged during removal.
- Attach the 14-way connector to the module.
- Connect the negative battery cable.