See Figure 1
This procedure covers removing the oil seal with the cover installed on the engine.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the drive belt.
- Remove the crankshaft balancer-to-crankshaft bolt, then remove the crankshaft balancer/damper, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Using a small prybar, pry the oil seal from the front cover. Be careful not to damage the sealing surfaces.
- Clean the oil seal mounting surface. Using the proper lubricant coat the outside of the seal and the crankshaft balancer.
- Install the oil seal, using a suitable installation tool and the crankshaft balancer bolt. Tighten the crankshaft balancer bolt on the tool, until the seal is seated in the cover, then remove the tool.
- Install the crankshaft balancer and secure with the mounting bolt. Tighten to the specifications given earlier in this section.
- Install the drive belt.
- Connect the negative battery cable.