When adding oil to the supercharger, use only synthetic oil, GM part no. 12345982 or equivalent.
See Figure 1
- Remove the wiring harness shield or engine acoustic cover, as applicable.
- Use a rag to clean the area around the oil fill plug before removing it.
- Remove the oil plug. The oil level should be maintained to the bottom of the plug threads. Do not use petroleum based oil. When adding oil, use only GM part no. 12345982 synthetic oil, or equivalent. Failure to do so may cause supercharger failure.
- After filling the supercharger to the proper level, make sure the O-ring is on the oil plug, then install the plug. Tighten the plug to 88 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the wiring harness shield or engine acoustic cover, as applicable.