REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Relieve fuel system pressure. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Clean dirt and grease from the regulator retaining ring.
- If equipped with a bolt on-type pressure regulator, remove the fuel return line from the return tube by squeezing the tab and pulling it off.
- Disconnect the vacuum line from the regulator.
- If equipped with a bolt on-type regulator, perform the following:
If equipped with a snapring-type regulator, perform the following:
- Remove the snapring from the regulator.
- Wrap a towel around the regulator to catch any fuel that may escape. Remove the regulator from the fuel rail using a twisting and pulling motion.
- If equipped with a bolt on-type pressure regulator, disconnect the fuel return tube assembly from the pressure regulator.
- Cover all openings with masking tape to prevent dirt entry. If the regulator is being reused, inspect the filter screen, if equipped, for contamination. If contamination exists, replace the filter screen.