REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If necessary, tag and disconnect the number 2, 4 and 6 spark plug wires from the ignition coil and move the coil out of the way.
- For 1993-99 vehicles, remove the nuts and cross brace bar.
- Detach the electrical connections from the blower motor.
- Disconnect the cooling tube from the blower motor.
- Unfasten the screws securing the blower motor to the blower module assembly.
- Remove the blower motor and fan assembly from the module.
- If necessary, unfasten the nut attaching the fan to the blower motor shaft, then pull the fan from the blower motor.
- If the fan was removed from the motor, position the fan on the shaft, then install the retaining nut. Tighten the nut to 12 inch lbs. (1.4 Nm).
- Position the blower motor and fan assembly to the module, then install the retaining screws. Tighten to 5 inch lbs. (0.6 Nm).
- Connect the cooling tube to the blower motor.
- Attach the electrical connector to the blower motor.
- On 1993-98 vehicles, install the cross brace bar and retaining nuts. Tighten the nuts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- If removed, install the coil and connect the spark plug wires, as tagged during removal.
- Connect the negative battery cable.