REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise the glass to its full up position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the trim panel and water deflector.
- Disconnect the lock rods.
- Remove lock rod clips. They should be replaced with new ones. They usually break during removal.
- Disconnect the electric lock wiring.
- Remove the electric lock mechanism retaining screws.
- Remove the lock mechanism.
- Remove the lock cylinder retainer by prying out with a flat blade tool. Use care not to damage vehicle or cause personal injury when prying. Remove the lock cylinder.
- Install the lock cylinder and electric lock mechanism, if equipped.
- Install the retaining screws.
- Connect the electrical connectors.
- Install the new lock clips to the rods and install the lock rods.
- Install the trim panel and water deflector.
- Connect the negative battery cable.