REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the trim panel and water deflector.
- Disconnect the lock rods.
- Cut out and remove the lock rod clips. They should be replaced with new ones, since they usually break during removal.
- If equipped with power locks, detach the electric lock wiring connector.
- Unfasten the retaining screws.
- Remove the lock mechanism.
- Install the lock mechanism.
A new service lock mechanism will have a block-out plug installed. Don't operate the lock or remove the plug until the lock mechanism is installed and the rod is connected to the lock.
- Install the retaining screws.
- Connect the electrical connectors.
- Install the new lock clips to the rods and install the lock rods.
- Remove the block-out plug.
- Install the trim panel and water deflector.
- Connect the negative battery cable.