REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Position the seat in the full forward position. If the car is equipped with six-way power seats, place the seat in the full forward and up position. When necessary to gain access to the adjuster-to-floor pan attaching nuts, remove the adjuster rear foot covers and or carpet retainers.
- Remove the track covers where necessary; then remove the adjuster-to-floor pan rear attaching nuts. Position the seat in the full rearward position.
- Remove the adjuster front foot covers; then remove the adjuster to floor pan front attaching nuts. Tilt the seat rearward and detach the feed wire connector, if equipped.
- Remove the seat assembly from the car.
- To install, reverse steps 1 through 4 and check for proper seat operation. Tighten the bolts to 31 ft. lbs. (42 Nm).
See Figures 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Push the lower forward edge of the seat cushion rearward.
- Lift upward and pull forward on the seat cushion frame to disengage the cushion frame wires from the retainers on the rear seat pan.
- Remove the lower seat cushion from the vehicle by disengaging the guide hood from the retaining latch.
- At the bottom of the seatback, remove the anchor bolts securing the rear lap belts.
- Grasp the bottom of the seatback and swing it forward to disengage the offsets on the upper frame bar from the hangers.
- Lift the seatback upward and remove it from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Tighten the bolts to 31 ft. lbs. (42 Nm).
See Figures 7 and 8
- Fabricate a headrest removing tool as shown in the "Headrest Removal" illustration in this section.
- Raise the headrest to the full-up position.
- Insert the spring clip release tool down into the left headrest shaft.
- Push the headrest and tool down at the same time to disengage the detent from the tab.
- Lift the headrest out after the detent has been released.
- Install the shafts into the guides.
- Push the headrest into the full-down position.
- Raise the headrest to ensure the detent is properly seated.