REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the brake drum from the vehicle. It may be necessary to remove the ABS sensor wiring connector, if equipped.
The bolts that attach the hub and bearing assembly also support the brake assembly. When removing these bolts, support the brake components with a suitable piece of wire. Do NOT let the brake line or ABS electrical wire support the brake assembly.
- Unfasten the four retaining bolts, then remove the hub and bearing assembly from the axle.
- Install the hub and bearing assembly to the axle and secure with the four retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 52 ft. lbs. (70 Nm).
- Install the brake drum. If necessary, attach the ABS sensor wiring connector.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Carefully lower the vehicle. Tighten the wheel lug nuts to 100 ft. lbs. (136 Nm).