When the switch reaches a predetermined temperature, it closes the circuit to the relay. This energizes the relay, sending 12 volts to the fan. When the temperature decreases below the set point of the sender, the circuit opens and the voltage is no longer applied to the fan.
- Connect a jumper wire from the negative battery terminal to the black wire, or its terminal, on the electric fan motor.
- Connect a jumper wire from the battery positive terminal to the remaining wire or terminal on the motor.
- The fan should operate. If the fan does not operate, the motor may be defective and it should be replaced.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the switch electrical lead and remove the switch.
- Install the switch and connect the electrical lead.
- Connect the battery cable.