REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
If the vehicle is not equipped with an air bag, skip Step 1 and simply disconnect the negative battery cable. Also, disregard all instructions below related to air bags.
- If equipped, disable the SIR system, as outlined in Chassis Electrical of this repair guide.
- If not already done, disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the turn signal switch assembly.
- Remove the key from the lock cylinder. Remove the buzzer switch and clip.
- Reinsert the key into the lock cylinder and turn it to the LOCK position.
- Remove the cylinder lock-to-steering column screw, then remove the lock set.
- If equipped, detach the pass key connector.
- Install the lock cylinder, attach the pass key connector (if equipped), then tighten the lock-to-steering column screw to 22 inch lbs. (2.5 Nm).
- Position the key in the RUN position and reverse the removal procedures.
- Install the turn signal switch.
- If equipped with the SIR system, properly enable the system, as outlined in Chassis Electrical of this section.
- If not already done, connect the negative battery cable, then check the turn signals for proper operation.