REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Raise and safely support the vehicle, allowing the front suspension to hang freely.
- Remove both front tire and wheel assemblies.
The wheels of the vehicle must be straight ahead and the steering column in the LOCK position before disconnecting the steering column or intermediate shaft from the steering gear. Failure to do so will cause the SIR coil assembly to become uncentered, which will damage the coil.
- If equipped, move the intermediate shaft cover upward, then unfasten the intermediate shaft-to-stub shaft pinch bolt.
- Using a suitable puller, separate both tie rod ends from the steering knuckles.
- Position a suitable drain pan under the power steering fluid lines. Remove the power steering fluid line retainer, then disconnect the outlet and inlet hoses from the steering gear. Allow the fluid to drain, then plug the lines to avoid contaminating the system.
- Remove the steering gear assembly-to-chassis mounting bolts.
- Support the body with suitable jackstands to allow for the lowering of the frame.
- Loosen the front frame mounting bolts.
- Remove the rear frame b