REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the steering wheel, the cover and the lock plate assembly.
Some vehicles are equipped with the Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) or air bag system. The SIR system must be disabled before performing service on or around SIR system components, steering column, instrument panel components, wiring and sensors. Failure to follow safety and disabling procedures could result in accidental air bag deployment, possible personal injury and unnecessary SIR system repairs.
- Remove the turn signal actuator arm, the lever and the hazard flasher button.
- Remove the turn signal switch screws, the lower steering column trim panel and the steering column bracket bolts.
- Disconnect the turn signal switch and the wiper switch connectors.
- Pull the turn signal switch rearward 6-8 inches (15-20cm), remove the key buzzer switch and cylinder lock assembly.
- Remove and pull the steering column housing rearward. Remove the housing cover screw.
- Remove the wiper switch pivot and the switch assembly.
- Install the pivot and switch assembly.
- Reposition and reinstall the steering column. Replace the housing cover screw.
- Install the cylinder lock and key buzzer assembly. Reposition the turn signal switch.
- Connect the turn signal switch and wiper switch connectors.
- Install the steering column bracket bolts and the column trim panel.
- Replace the turn signal switch screws.
- Install the hazard flasher button, turn signal actuator arm and lever.
- Install the lock plate assembly, cover and the steering wheel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.