REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Depressurize the accumulator, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Detach the electrical connector from the pressure/warning switch.
- Remove the pressure/warning switch using special tool J-35804 or equivalent.
- Remove the O-ring from the switch, then discard the O-ring.
- Lubricate a new O-ring with clean brake fluid.
- Install the O-ring on the pressure/warning switch.
- Install the switch and tighten to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm), using the special tool.
- Attach the electrical connector to the pressure/warning switch.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the ignition to the ON position. The BRAKE light should go out within 60 seconds.
- Check for leakage around the switch.