The electronic brake control module is located on the right side of the vehicle and positioned under the right sound insulator panel. In order to gain access to electronic brake control module, it will be necessary to first remove the trim panel.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
On vehicles with the Traction Control System (TCS), the EBCM is referred to as the EBTCM.
- Make sure the ignition is in the OFF position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the sound insulators necessary for access to the module.
- If necessary, remove the floor outlet.
- If equipped, unfasten the EBCM/EBTCM retaining bolt.
- Slide the EBCM from the mounting bracket, toward the accelerator pedal.
- Detach the EBCM electrical connector, then remove the module from the vehicle.
For 1991 vehicles, to remove the EBCM bracket, perform the following:
- Unfasten the screws and remove the ALDL.
- Remove the bracket by lifting upward.
For 1992-93 vehicles, to remove the EBCM/EBTCM bracket, perform the following:
- Unfasten the retaining nuts, remove the deflector, then remove the bracket.
For 1992-93 vehicles, to install the EBCM/EBTCM bracket, perform the following:
- Position the bracket, install the deflector and secure with the retaining nuts. Tighten the nuts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
On 1991 vehicles, if the bracket was removed, perform the following:
- Position the bracket to the heater outlet.
- Install the ALDL.
- Install the retaining screws and tighten to 13 inch lbs. (1.5 Nm).
- Attach the EBCM electrical connector, then slide the module assembly into the bracket.
- If equipped, install the retaining bolt and tighten to 42 inch lbs. (4.7 Nm).
- Install any sound insulators that were removed.
- Connect the negative battery cable.