REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The reservoir with the fluid level sensor is the only replaceable component on the PMV assembly. It may be replaced without removing the PMV assembly from the vehicle.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the reservoir.
- Loosen or reposition the clamp on the hose at the PMV reservoir.
- Disconnect the hose from the reservoir. Catch escaping fluid in a clean container; plug the hose with a 5 / 8 inch (15.5mm) diameter plug.
- Carefully pry or force the reservoir free of its rubber mounts on the PMV assembly.
- Remove and discard the rubber seals from the PMV; taking care to note the orientation or placement of the seals.
- Lubricate new seals with clean brake fluid, then fit the seals to the PMV assembly. Make certain the seals are correctly installed.
- Clean the reservoir and ports with denatured alcohol. Install the reservoir onto the PMV assembly.
- Connect the hose to the reservoir and secure the clamp.
- Attach the reservoir wiring connector.
- Fill the reservoir with clean, fresh brake fluid.
- Bleed the brake system.
- Clean any spilled brake fluid from the PMV assembly and surrounding area to prevent damage to other components or paint work.