REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Label and disconnect the following wiring connectors from the PMV assembly:
- Fluid level switch
- Pump motor
- Valve block
- Loosen or reposition the clamp on the hose at the PMV reservoir.
- Disconnect the hose from the reservoir. Catch escaping fluid in a clean container, then plug the hose with a 5 / 8 inch (15.5mm) diameter plug.
- Disconnect the primary and secondary brake lines at the PMV.
- Disconnect the 4 brake lines from the PMV assembly.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the lower PMV assembly retaining bolt.
- Carefully lower the vehicle.
- Remove the harness strap.
- Support the PMV assembly, then remove the upper retaining bolts. Remove the assembly from the vehicle. If the unit is being replaced with another, the reservoir and bracket(s) must be transferred to the new assembly.
The PMV assembly is not serviceable. Do not attempt to disassemble any part of the unit.
- Position the PMV assembly and install the upper retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Install the harness.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Install the lower retaining bolt and tighten it to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm). Lower the vehicle.
- Connect the 4 brake lines to the PMV. Tighten each line to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Install the primary and secondary brake lines, tightening each to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Connect the hose to the PMV reservoir and secure the clamp.
- Attach the electrical connectors to the PMV assembly; make certain each connector is squarely seated and firmly retained.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Install the air cleaner assembly.
- Fill the brake fluid reservoir.
- Bleed the brake system.
- Clean any spilled brake fluid from the PMV assembly and surrounding area to prevent damage to other components or paint work.