REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
Wiper element replacement procedures are detailed in General Information & Maintenance .
- With the wipers ON, turn the ignition OFF when the wiper arm is at the mid-wipe position.
- Lift the wiper arm off the windshield, then disengage the retaining latch with a screwdriver or equivalent tool.
- Pull the wiper blade arm assembly from the transmission drive shaft.
- If necessary, lift the blade retaining latch and remove the blade from the arm.
The blade must be installed with the blade retaining latch pointed toward the passenger side of the vehicle.
- If removed, install the wiper blade on the arm.
- With the ignition ON , turn the wiper/washer switch ON, and then OFF to return the transmission assembly to the park position.
- Position the wiper arm and blade assembly slightly below the stop surface of the park ramp, then press the arm head casting fully onto the transmission drive shaft.
- Push the wiper arm retaining latch in.
- Lift the replaced arm assembly over the park ramp.
The correct park position and outwipe dimension are determined with the wipers operating at low speed on wet glass.
- Inspect the wiper pattern. Dimension A (in the accompanying figure) should be 1 3 / 8 -1 3 / 4 in. (35-100mm) from the top of the driver's blade assembly on the outwipe edge of the glass.
- Check the park position. Both wiper arms must be against the park ramps.