REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 13
- Remove the wiper blade and arm assemblies, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Turn the ignition ON and the wiper switch OFF so the wiper motor returns to the park position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unfasten any necessary retainers and remove the air inlet screen assembly. Disconnect the washer hoses.
- Disconnect the wiper arm transmission drive link from the crank arm using a suitable wiper transmission separator tool.
- On some vehicles, it may be necessary to remove the nut from the ball crank and remove the crank arm.
- Detach the electrical connectors from the wiper motor. Remove the wiper motor mounting bolts/screws.
- Guide the crank arm through the hole in the dash/shroud upper panel, then remove the motor.
- Guide the crank arm through the hole in the dash/shroud upper panel, then place the motor into position.
- Install the wiper motor mounting bolts/screws. Tighten to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Attach the electrical connectors to the motor.
- Connect the wiper arm drive link socket to the crank arm ball using a suitable wiper transmission installation tool. Make sure the socket is fully seated on the ball.
- Install the air inlet screen assembly.
- Install the wiper arms, then connect the washer hoses.
- Connect the negative battery cable, then check the wiper motor operation.