REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Discharge the system as described in Routine Maintenance .
- Disconnect the electrical connection at the pressure cycling switch and remove the switch.
- Disconnect the refrigerant lines at the accumulator inlet and outlet.
- Remove the bracket screw and remove the accumulator from the vehicle.
- Immediately cap the refrigerant lines.
- Check the amount of oil in the accumulator and add that amount of fresh 525 refrigerant oil plus 2 fluid ounces (60 ml).
- Install the new accumulator. Use new O-ring seals and lubricate with refrigerant oil.
- Evacuate and recharge the system using the procedures in Routine Maintenance .