REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
If possible, operate the compressor for 10 minutes at 1,500-2,000 rpm with the A/C set on maximum. This operation is performed to effect return of oil to the compressor from other parts in the system.
- Discharge the system as described in Routine Maintenance .
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Slowly loosen the compressor fitting to the compressor. As the screw is being loosened, work the fitting assembly back and forth to break the seal.
- Immediately cover all openings in the compressor and the hoses.
- Disconnect the compressor wires. Remove the compressor bolts and remove the compressor from the car.
On R-4 compressor systems add 6 fluid ounces (180 ml) of 525 refrigerant oil. On DA-V5 and DA-6 compressor systems, add 8 fluid ounces (240 ml) of 525 refrigerant oil.
- Installation is the reverse of removal, use new O-rings coated with refrigerant oil.
- Evacuate and recharge the system using the procedures in Routine Maintenance .