REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The desiccant bag can be replaced on the EEVIR and VIR systems by removing the receiver shell. On CCOT systems, the entire accumulator must be replaced since it is a sealed unit.
- Discharge the system as described in Routine Maintenance .
- Clean dirt from the outside of the receiver shell.
- Remove the receiver shell attaching screws.
- Remove the mounting bracket clamp from the mounting bracket.
- Hold the housing and push on the lower end of the receiver to break the seal.
- Add one ounce of new refrigerant oil and a new desiccant bag. Use new O-ring seals and coat with refrigerant oil.
- Installation is the reverse of removal, torque the mounting screws to 7 ft. lbs.
- Evacuate and recharge the system using the procedures in Routine Maintenance .