REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Discharge the air conditioning system and recover the refrigerant as outlined in Routine Maintenance .
- Disconnect the evaporator inlet and outlet pipe using a backup and a flare nut wrench. Seal the openings of the accumulator (large aluminum can) and evaporator to prevent moisture and contamination from entering the system.
- Remove the air conditioner module upper case as outlined in this section.
- Remove the evaporator clamp and evaporator by pulling the assembly straight up and out of the module lower case.
- Add 3 fluid ounces (90 ml) of 525 refrigerant oil.
- Install the evaporator and seals into the lower case. Make sure the seals and evaporator are properly positioned after the evaporator is in place.
- Install the evaporator clamp.
- Install the module upper case with a quality sealer.
- Install new O-rings and torque the inlet and outlet fittings to the accumulator using a backup and flarenut wrench. Torque steel fittings to 32 ft. lbs. (44 Nm) and aluminum or copper fittings to 24 ft. lbs. (33 Nm).
- Evacuate and recharge the air conditioning system as outlined in Routine Maintenance .
- Connect the negative battery cable and test the system performance.