See Figure 1
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the air cleaner and disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug the electrical leads from the pump.
- Use a 3 / 4 in. wrench to support the inlet fitting firmly and with a 5 / 8 in. wrench, unscrew the inlet tube.
- Place a rag under the pump outlet side to collect fuel since the line is slightly pressurized.
- Remove the pump mounting bracket nut and the pump.
- Install the pump and bracket assembly on the engine, torque the lines to 19 ft. lbs. (26 Nm).
- After the pump has been installed, disconnect the fuel line at the fuel filter in order to prime and bleed the lines. Use a basin to collect the fuel. When no air bubbles show up in the fuel, or the click-like sound stops, reconnect the fuel line.