See Figure 1
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
To perform this procedure, you will need screens to cover the intake manifold air inlets and plastic caps to fit the fuel line, nozzle, and pump openings.
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner. Remove the oil separator/filters and lines from the valve covers.
- Remove the air crossover and gaskets from the intake manifold. Install the screen covers onto the manifold to prevent any foreign object from entering it.
- Remove the line clamps. Note the routing of pump wiring. With a backup wrench on each nozzle body upper (small) hex, loosen the injection line connections at each nozzle. Loosen the connections at the injection pump (you don't need a backup wrench on these connections).
- Cap off all the openings and remove the lines.
- Locate the injection lines in position. Route wiring between the #2 and #3 injection lines. Thread all caps loosely.
- Torque each connection to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm), using a backup wrench on the nozzles as in loosening the connections.
- Install the line clamps.
- Remove the screened covers from the manifold, and install the crossover with new gaskets, torquing bolts to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Reconnect the crankcase ventilation system piping and air cleaner.
- Connect the negative battery cable and start the engine, then check for leaks or proper operation.