See Figure 1
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the air cleaner and disconnect the IAC valve electrical connection.
- Remove the valve using a 1 1 / 4 in. (32mm) wrench on the hex surface only.
- Before installing the new valve, measure from motor housing to the end of the cone. Distance should be no greater than 1 1 / 8 in. (28 mm). If necessary, reduce the distance. On Type 1 valves exert firm pressure on the valve to retract it. On Type 2 valves, compress the retaining spring while turning valve in with a clockwise motion.
- Install the new idle air control valve to the throttle body; use a new gasket.
- Reconnect the electrical connector and install the air cleaner.
- Start engine and allow it to reach operating temperature. The ECM will reset idle speed when the vehicle is driven above 35 mph (56 kph).