REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Make sure the window is up all the way. Then, remove both the upper and lower portions of the trim panel as outlined in this information.
Going in through the largest access hole, disengage the rod connecting the remote control to the lock as follows:
- Use a flat-bladed prybar to slide the spring clip out of engagement. The clip must be slid on the lock lever until the ends of the clip no longer engage with the grooved section of the end of the lock rod. You don't need to remove the clip from the lock lever. There is a slot in the rear side of the clip so it can shift on the lock lever even though the lockrod passes right through it.
- Pull the lock rod out of the lock lever.
- If the vehicle has electric locks, remove the solenoid.
- Remove the three screws mounting the lock onto the door lock pillar section of the door and remove the lock. On some models, it may be necessary to remove the inside remote handle and then remove the lock and its connecting rod together. On four door models, it will be necessary to remove the lock, then separate the lockrod from the lock on a workbench, and install the rod onto the new lock.
- Install in exact reverse order. Torque the lock mounting screws to 84-144 inch lbs. (10-15 Nm).