REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Open the tailgate as a gate.
- Remove the inside handle, inner trim panel, water deflector and the access hole covers. If equipped with a heated glass option, disconnect the wire harness.
- Mark the location of the up-travel stop attaching bolts and remove them.
- Mark the location of the belt trim support retainers and slide them away from the window.
With the tailgate open in the gate position and the left upper lock manually engaged, the tailgate has been placed in a vulnerable position and could drop from the right lower lock if the locking rod or the outside handle is activated. Personal injury or damage to the tailgate could result if either the handle or rods are activated.
- Manually latch the left upper hinge lock.
- Operate the window to a point where the regulator cam nuts are visible through the holes in the inner panel and remove the nuts.
- Remove the sash plate attaching nuts working through the access holes.
- Remove the window through the belt opening.
- Always use new window hardware when installing new windows. Install the window through the belt opening and install the sash attaching nuts.
- Install the regulator cam attaching nuts.
- Operate the window to the full down position.
- Unlatch the left upper hinge lock by temporarily installing the handle without the screw and operating it.
- Install the belt trim support retainers into the original position and tighten the bolts.
- Install the up travel stop and reconnect the window heater wire connector, if equipped.
- Check the window for proper alignment before installing the trim, adjust if necessary.
- Install the access hole covers, water deflector, inside trim panel and handle.