REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
When removing the rear coil springs without the aid of a spring compressor, be very careful the spring does not fly out and strike someone. If a spring compressor is available, use it. The following procedure does not use a spring compressor. However, if the axle housing is lowered slowly, the spring should come out without incident.
- Raise the rear of the vehicle on the axle housing and support it safely on the frame rails with jackstands. Do not lower the jack yet.
- Disconnect the brake line at the axle housing.
- Disconnect the upper control arms at the axle housing.
- Remove the shock absorber at its lower mount.
- Lower the jack slowly. Do not allow the rear brake hose to become kinked or stretched.
- Remove the coil spring.
- Mount the coil spring in place.
- Jack up the rear axle until you are able to connect the shock at its lower mount.
- Install the upper control arm bolts at the axle housing and torque to 95 ft. lbs. (128 Nm).
- Connect the brake line at the axle housing. Bleed the brakes.
- Remove the jackstands and lower the vehicle.