See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The wiper motor is mounted on the driver's side of the cowl, accessible from the engine compartment. Once the hood is opened, you can gain access to the electrical connectors, washer hoses, and crank arm, on most models. On a few models, these items may be located under the cowl screen. If necessary, you can remove this screen easily once the hood is opened.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Open the hood. If necessary, remove the cowl screen. Remove the driver's side wiper arm, as described above.
- Snap the wiper drive link off the motor crank arm.
- Disconnect the hoses and the electrical connector.
- Remove the attaching bolts. Remove the motor, being careful that the rubber bushings remain in the slots of the motor base or are collected. Guide the crank arm out of the hole in the cowl and remove the motor.
- Install the motor, attaching bolts and torque to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm). Guide the crank arm into the hole in the cowl. Be careful that the rubber bushings remain in the slots of the motor base.
- Connect the hoses and the electrical connector.
- Snap the wiper drive link onto the motor crank arm.
- If removed, install the cowl screen and driver's side wiper arm, as described above.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check for proper operation.