REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove injection pump and lines as described earlier.
- Remove the injection pump adapter.
- Remove the seal from the adapter.
- File the timing mark from the adapter. Do not file the mark off the pump.
- Position the engine at TDC of No. 1 cylinder. Align the mark on the balancer with the zero mark on the indicator. The index is offset to the right when No. 1 is at TDC.
- Apply a chassis lube to the seal areas. Install, but do not tighten the injection pump.
- Install the new seal on the adapter using tool J-28425, or its equivalent.
- Torque the adapter bolts to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).
- Install timing tool J-26896 into the injection pump adapter. Torque the tool, toward No. 1 cylinder to 50 ft. lbs. (68 Nm). Mark the injection pump adapter. Remove the tool.
- Install the injection pump.