REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the vacuum check valve.
- Unbolt the master cylinder and carefully move it aside without disconnecting the hydraulic lines.
If sufficient booster clearance cannot be obtained, it will be necessary to disconnect the hydraulic lines from the master cylinder, then remove the master cylinder.
- Disconnect the pushrod at the brake pedal assembly.
- Remove the booster-to-cowl nuts and lockwashers and the booster from engine compartment.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures. Torque the booster-to-cowl and the master cylinder-to-booster mounting nuts to 28 ft. lbs. (38 Nm).
Make sure to check the operation of the stop lights. Allow the engine vacuum to build before applying the brakes. Bleed the hydraulic system if the lines were disconnected from the master cylinder.