REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect battery negative cable.
- Discharge the refrigerant system (refer to Routine Maintenance ).
- If necessary, drain the cooling system and remove radiator.
- Remove radiator shield retaining screws and remove radiator shield.
When draining the coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by the ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.
- Disconnect refrigerant lines from condenser. Cap lines to prevent dirt or moisture contamination.
- Remove condenser bracket to radiator support. Carefully tilt radiator rearward and remove condenser from radiator support.
- Add 2 fl. oz. of fresh 525 viscosity refrigerant oil to the new condenser. Transfer brackets and mounts to new condenser and position in vehicle. Install condenser brackets to radiator support.
- Position radiator against support and install radiator shield.
- Using new O-rings, install refrigerant lines to condenser.
- If necessary, refill cooling system.
- Reconnect battery negative cable.
- Evacuate, charge and leak test system.