REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14
On the 8-250 and 8-273 engines use only a coolant solution specifically designed for use in aluminum engines.
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Disconnect the air conditioning compressor, if so equipped, and position it out of the way without disconnecting the hoses.
- Remove the clamp that holds the air conditioning high pressure vapor line to the cradle.
- Loosen the hose clamps and disconnect the upper and lower radiator hoses.
- Disconnect the two transmission cooler lines and plug them.
Disconnect the heater return hose, if so equipped.
- Remove the two top radiator cradle clamps, straps or sheet metal cover and the fan shroud. Disconnect the reservoir hose from the filler neck.
- Remove the vacuum hoses, if so equipped. Mark them for proper installation.
- Pull the radiator straight up and out of the car.
- Reverse the above procedure for installation.