REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Prop the lid open and place protective coverings along the edges of the rear compartment opening to prevent damage to the painted surfaces.
- Where necessary, disengage any wire harnesses or vacuum assist mechanisms that may interfere with lid removal.
- Mark the location of the hinge strap attaching bolts to the lid.
- While a helper supports the lid, remove the attaching bolts securing the hinges to the lid and remove the lid.
- To install align the lid with the scribed marks and reverse the removal procedure.
Fore/aft and up/down adjustments of the lid assembly is controlled by the hinge strap to lid attaching bolts. Some styles have rubber bumpers at the rear outboard corners of the lid. These bumpers can be adjusted to raise or lower the rear corners of the deck lid.