REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1All Except 1985-89 Eldorado and Seville
The switch is mounted on the steering column. Refer to Drive Train for Neutral Safety switch service procedures.
- Disconnect the electrical connector at the switch.
- Remove the clamp retaining screw and remove the switch.
- Position the shift lever in the neutral gate notch.
- Assemble the switch to the column by inserting the switch carrier tang in the shift slot and locate the switch up the column as far as the slot on the outer tube will allow, then fasten in position.
- Remove the pin locator.
- Attach the electrical connector.
The back-up light/neutral safety switch switch on these models is mounted on the transmission and the procedure is located in Drive Train .